Last Bit of My Summer Break

>> Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It has been some time since I last update my blog! As many of u are informed, I was away for ONE whole week to Hong Kong. Before I left for HK, I was rather excited as I've never expect myself to be in HK. (I'm not sure why I think that way!!) For those who never been to HK before, let me briefly describe my little breakaway so you can have a rough idea where to visit or what to expect there! Credits to Fang Chin for wikitravel.com *clap clap* It helps.. alot!

16th Sept 2008
Me and mum took a taxi to LCC Terminal at 1.30pm. Before we left, I gave my dad a big hug because I know he'll be missing us badly! Unfortunately, I'm the one who is feeling bad, not OK at all. Maybe I'm not used to going somewhere without my whole family together. Anyway, I was very tired so I slept through the journey there. We headed to the departure hall once we reached. Shen Yin came shortly after we arrived. She and her mom checked in first as we still have to wait for my aunt. **fast forward** (lunch at McD ----> prepare to board the plan) We arrived at HK around 8.20pm. After all the tiny miny procedures and transfers (we took a bus that cost us 33HKD per person), we've finally arrived at our hotel, Dorsett Seaview Hotel in Yau Ma Tei. It's quite convenient as it's very near to MTR Yau Ma Tei Station (Exit C to be specific). After a long long day, we decided to have dinner and then head back to our room to get some rest.

* me & mum in the plane *

* She's definitely satisfied with her food *

17th Sept 2008
Woke up quite early as we are heading to Ocean Park. We had breakfast at a restaurant nearby to have dim sum and then head to the MTR station. The dim sum was great! The congee aka porridge taste superb! Yummy~ We took from Yau Ma Tei to Admiralty and then pick up a bus (No. 629) which will bring us directly to Ocean Park. For your information, Do purchase your Ocean Park entrance ticket at the tourist information centre situated along the way to the Ocean park exit. This is because you can save 23HKD per person! Finally, we arrived at Ocean Park after half an hour later. The weather is so hot and the humidity hits 80%! Gosh! My cousin sister, Shean Shean wasn't feeling quite well and there goes our day. Plan to Stanley Market is then cancelled. We headed back to the hotel right after having dinner nearby. After dinner, me and mum manage to catch Moonlight Resonance on tv! Woohoo~ Later at night, we went down to Temple Street to have a walk. Temple Street is a super LONG street and we're staying at the end of Temple Street. The stuffs are fairly cheap compared to the price back on Msia. Mum bought some shirts for her darling! *keke* Then, we had dessert at a shop nearby our hotel. I ordered "Momo Chacha" as they stated that's a Malaysian delight and coincidentally I missed Bubur Chacha. Sad to say it doesn't taste like it at all! Haha.. Anyway, something different and tasted not bad too!

* yummy dim sum breakfast *

* Mum at Ocean Park *

18th Sept 2008
Woke up and then was informed that my lil cousin is sick and they are not going to go out with us. So plan to the museums and to Tsim Tsa Tsui was cancelled! It was a BIG sigh at first but then mum say we can go shopping today and so my mood resume. After breakfast, we headed straight to Mongkok, the shopping heaven for everyone! We intended to go to the famous Ladies Street at first but we couldn't find where is it and wee ended up in Fa Yuen Street which we thought it was Ladies Street at first! Later on, we found out from the shopkeepers that Ladies Street is too commersialized and no locals will shop there, only TOURIST! They won't display the price on the items because they will just "CHOP" you with ridiculous price! We didn't believeat first but then till we visited the street, we realised that what they told us is true! It's so true! There's where the bargaining skill comes in useful! Despite of your bargaining skills, you too have to beware of nasty retailers! Not all HongKies come in peace.. I'm grateful to have a wonderful and generous mum because she kept asking me to.. BUY! Haha..

Mum: Wanna check out this shop? Me: Nah.. Bought too many d loH.. Mum: Aiyo! Buy lar if you like. You won't get to buy at this price in KL!

From the conversation above, you can see how much my mum LOVES me! Thanks mum! I love u TOO! Before we go for lunch, we headed to the electronics street to have a look at the gadgets! Oh my my! There are tonnes of gadgets shop and I bet you won't be going in to every shop. Let me intro the shop I went. From the MTR Mongkok exit B2, you'll find a 3 storey Esprit store. Exit from the back of this building and turn left. Walk all the way straight and then you'll see it! I've forgotten the name of the shop but it's quite a big shop! I managed to bargain for my camera from 2750HKD to 2000HKD with lotsa freebies! Definitely much more worth it after the large slash! We left Mongkok around 4.40pm becausewe bought too much and it's too heavy to buy more. Back in hotel, rest and then dinner time! We went to the same restaurant we had our breakfast yesterday to have steamboat because it seems that they are having a promotion, Eat All You Can and it's only 68HKD person! When we wanted to order, we notice that we can only order fish, pork, beef and vegetables ONLY! They only provide 2 prawns, a mussle, and some other seafood per person. Well fine, we didn't mind as we can order others as well. Things went wrong when the bill came up to an amount of 512HKD!! Gosh! There are some miscellaneous charges like soup 20HKD person, chilli sause 30HKD person, and soya sause 10HKD person!! Later on, we found out it was printed on the advertisement as well but it was super SMALL and it was printed in greyscale. *grr* Day ended with Moonlight Resonance episode 36!

* no time to smile because the noodle is just fantastic *

* morning view in Fa Yuen Street *

* result of shopping from 11am-4pm *

* foggy: because the aircon was too cold in the restaurant *
* let me know if you manage to see the misc. charges statement *


19th Sept 2008
Had breakfast at Mido Cafe, just behind our hotel. I thought I can have egg tarts there for breakfast but they don't have. Wonder why there's no egg tarts in the coffee shops? Got cheated by the tourist guide book AGAIN. Anyway, for TVB drama fans out there, this is the cafe they had their shooting for the drama Street Fighters, Miu Kai Ma Heng Dai. The Miu Dou cafe run by Hacken Lee in the drama is taken in Mido Cafe. The food was not that nice compared to the rest of the shops. After breakfast, we headed to Tsim Tsa Tsui because I wanted to visit the Museum of History, Hong Kong while E Joyce, my aunt wanted to visit the DFS. My plan was to go to the Avenue of Stars and Symphony of Lights at night but plan was cancelled as well. *sigh* My cousin wasn't feeling well and so we wondered around Tsim Tsa Tsui for quite some time after lunch in shopping centres because they said my cousin will sleep in aircon places. The funny thing was my aunt then walked in and out the shopping centres and lastly decided to go to Central, which is in Hong Kong Island. I wasn't quite happy actually but I just have to follow. I thought of going to Victoria Peak since we're at Central, but my mum said nothing much to do there, reminding me we're not the only people travelling. Gosh! I felt like wasting time! Big companies, designer brands and expensive shopping hub, that's all I have in mind to describe Central. Finally, we decided to head back. I thought we can go back to rest but my aunt suggested we should go Mongkok. I can understand why she wants to go there but we are all so tired and her daughter is not well. No choice! Once we are there, she went to Esprit kids. After about 20 minutes, she came out and said that not much of choices. She wanted to go to Ladies Street and so I led the way there. Before entering the street, we passed by the sports street. The moment I feel like checking out the shoes, my cousin cried and started throwing tantrum. She wants to eat fish ball! Gosh! Where to find fish ball all of a sudden? Nevermind, we walked pass that sports shops very quickly and finally found a shop that sells fish ball. When I turn a round, my cousin is asleep! My heart was so.. GRR! Can't describe at all. Totally no mood at all! After walking for a while more, we walked back to the MTR Station. We passed by a extraordinarily good business food stall before reaching the station. My uncle wanted to eat Smelly Tofu or more known as Chao Tau Fu so we stopped by. My aunt asked me, I wasn't in the mood and since I've tried before, I rejected the offer. They asked my mum to try so my mum ordered one. In the end, I have to eat mum's because don't know what sauce my aunt put in and then she decided not to eat hers. What a waste?!! That's my aunt and my uncle and my cousin, one of my dearest and closest relatives so I think I should just give and take. Going to the musuem might not be to their liking as well, but they followed us there too! I guess it was just my bad temper and I was too tired that's why! And maybe I think we're wasting too much on transportation lar! My mum bring me to HK already very good that's why if waste unnecessary money then I very sam tung lor! Anyway, I still love them.

* in the the musuem *

* one of the layouts during the 60s *

* my lil cousin looking tired and unwell *

* can't concentrate although the food is so good *

20th Sept 2008
Woke up quite early, had breakfast with my aunt and mum because my cousin having fever that's why my uncle have to take care of her in the room. After that, me and mum headed to Stanley Market. I didn't expect the journey to be so long! We took train to Central and then catch a bus at Terminus Square (No. 6 or 6X). The journey was long and the road is winding. Plus the bus driver's F1 driving skill, I felt so dizzy! Gosh! Suffering @#$%*! After a while, we felt better. Stanley Market here we come! Lotsa tourist around here but the price are still reasonable. Mum bought 9 surf shorts for bro! Some are 20HKD, some are 55HKD. I bought a few too! Mum got herself some chinese traditional samfu for Chinese New Year too! Bought lots of pillow cases, wine covers, chopstick sets and many more. After shopping for bout 2 hrs, our hands are full again. We had lunch at Delifrance Bistro because that's the only aircon place around. The weather is too hot! We went back to hotel after that. Poor E Joyce who have to stay in hotel most of the time. She missed all the shopping because of Shean Shean. Proven that mothers can do anything for their children. Mothers are great! That night, we had rice for dinner with some dishes. At first they are suppose to join us after dinner but my cousin was crying so they decided to head back to the hotel. Me and mum hurried to Mongkok again to get Man U jerseys and sport shoes for bro! After quite some time, we found a shop and bought 2 pairs of Nike shoes. I didn't want it at first but mum insisted! Thanks mum! After that, we rushed to Tsim Tsa Tsui and walked to Tsim Tsa Tsui East via the tunnel link and headed to Exit J. We managed to get ourselves to the Avenue of Stars where Bruce Lee's statue is. The view is magnificent! So colourful! Too bad we missed the Symphony of Light. I really want to thank my mum for accompanying me to these places. When we reached hotel, we accompanied my aunt to Temple Street. The main street is situated about 10 mins walk from our hotel. God is so nice to her that we managed to find a stall selling on the spot printing t-shirts. She managed to get quite many for Shean Shean. I got 1 for myself, 2 for bro, 1 for mum and 1 for my darling! It's so cheap for that quality of printing and the quality of the shirt. It's only 40HKD per t shirt. Isn't it cheap? After shopping for quite some time, we finally going home because the stalls are closing. Haha! There goes the last night in HK.

* posing with the Tsuen Wan Line board *

* Bruce Lee at Avenue of Stars *

* mum relaxing along the seaside *

* me again at the Avenue of Stars *

21st Sept 2008
My trip finally came to an end. All shoppings are done! Check out have to be done by 12 so we had breakfast early that morning. We had dim sum! Yummy~ We had so much and the bill came up to the sum of 164HKD only. Oh my! It's super cheap. I wonder why people are complaining that food in HK are expensive? It's even cheaper than eating in Genting Highlands. We checked out right after breakfast and went out to have a walk around the hotel while waiting for them. After checking out, we all went to the health dessert shop opposite to have herbal tea because me and my uncle were having sore throat. That 24 type of herbs tea really tasted so bitter! Yucks! But no choice. It's good for health and my sore throat. There are so many types of dessert. Too bad we're too full to try them out! Then we headed to Langham Place, a shopping complex, just to past time. While they were walking around, I asked my mum to find a place to sit down. We ended up at a cafe. We ordered a cup of ice-cream with 2 flavours of sorbet, green apple and lime! So nice sitting down resting. That's not the end. I ended up buying 6 boxes of contact lenses after comparing all the prices from different shops. So happy! So cheap! Later on, we walked back to our hotel nearby to have our last meal before going to airport. At the airport, that's where I finally get to online. Before I went to HK, I thought I can online often with my phone but too bad there isn't free wifi anyway near where I went. Sigh, anywhere there's wifi, it's a secured network. Grr~ Nevermind, Msia! I'm coming home! After 4 hours of flight, we finally arrived. After getting our luggages, we headed to the imigration to walk out of the terminal. Unfortunately, I was stopped by the police. Maybe we really shopped to much! Haha. Anyway, dad got a shock and he asked why are there 2 extra bags when we only brought 1 when we left home? Haha. No one answered him. God knows why! *shopping* Right after that, my dad fetched me back to Semenyih because I have class at 9am the next morning!

* yummy dim sum for breakfast *

* herbal tea and dessert *

* the place we had ice-cream *

* our luggages *

I think that's all for now! I'm currently still uploading pictures to facebook! Still NOT done with the uploads yet. So sorry! Next post will be up soon! Stay tuned!

0 cha chi chu(s):

© Copyright reserved 2008-2009

  © Free Blogger Templates Digi-digi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP