Buffet Dinner at TEMPTation, Renaissance Hotel

>> Saturday, August 30, 2008

"It's already 4.30pm and the train is still not here yet? How long more do we need to wait?" my bro mumbled. We're at KTM Sungai Buloh waiting to catch a train down to KL to meet my mum and her colleague, Ms. Low for dinner.. My bro is lucky enough that he seldom has the need to take train that's y he's so not used to waiting. We left house earlier because we wana avoid the crowd. Thanks to KTM which is NOT(Never On Time), we finally board the train at 4.40pm. Oh well, as we stop at each station, people jz pushed themselves in. The train is like a real life salad bowl! ahhaha! To cut the long story short, we reached Station Putra around 5.10pm. We had Oreo McFlurry, Large Fries & a small Coke at McD before going to mum's office as we were very hungry.

Around 5.35pm, we decided to catch a taxi to mum's office. Unfortunately, no taxi is willing to pick us up because of the jam.. So, we started walking. **fast forward** It's 7.05pm and we're at Renaissance Hotel, KL - the buffet!! woohoo~ The array of food makes me hungry.. There's japanese cuisine, oriental cuisine, western cuisine and of course local delicacy!


I started off with curry fish, spicy chicken, and a pita bread. The curry fish and the gravy is fantastic! Next, I had a plate of mix chop concisting beef, lamb, cod fish, salmon and a sausage. The beef wasn't that nice as the meat too hard; in the other hand, the salmon and the cod fish is undescribable.. It's so fresh and soft that u can even just suck it into ur mouth.. *yummy*


After having salty food, I headed to the chocolate fountain. There are quite a few choices there like strawberries, honey dews, papayas, apples, grapes, marshmallows and banana. I took a bread and a few sticks of fruits. The chocolate is so chocolaty and the fruits are fresh. Next, I tried the Shanghai noodle. Small in portion, great in taste! That's all I can say.

There isn't much choices at the japanese cuisine section. I grabbed a few sushi, some prawns and head back to my seat. The prawns tasted nice but not to the sushi. Sorry bout that! It's dry and tasteless. Up next it's dessert! How can we miss this part? We enjoyed the tiramisu most! I think my bro had almost 7-8 slices of that. Then, we had chocolate ice cream. My mum was so happy because that is her favourite flavour. But we are disappointed because there is only 2 flavours. Anyway, that's mainly what we had at the buffet.

Without funny happenings, this buffet is so dull! It all started when my bro asked me to join him to get some tiramisu. We passed by the bread & salad counter. I told him the bread was nice as I've tried it just now.. So he told me we should grab the butter and just eat it. I didn't think much what he said because he likes eating butter in chunks with bread. But when i look carefully, he's actually refering to blocks of cheese arranged there.. I laughed and teased him. He quickly did a coverline for that!

Besides, we had a talk on "How to take a picture?" As most of the people know, I love taking pictures and I love being taken pictures. My mum and Ms. Low couldn't stop laughin when I just pose with my food! So I decided to teach them. Indeed, we had a great time there! They were so shy when I wanted to take a picture of them. They were complaining that smiling to a camera is hard, and bla bala bla.. In the end, they got a nice shot! My mum was the funniest of all as she kept trying what I told her to when I was playin with the camera.

Right before we decided to leave, a not so famous local artist came dining with his girlfriend. It was quite funny as he was looking around checking out whether is there anyone who recognise him. Unfortunately, nobody look at him other than us. **fast forward** Mum was so happy he smiled to her.. *haha*

He was taking salad and when we try to get a picture of him, we noticed mum was beside him. Picture not taken, all 3 of us laughed! We thought mum was serious bout her wanting to have a picture with him that's y she's beside him. Mum came back laughin too! She said, "I wanted to take salad lar.. Laugh laugh laugh.. Now cannot take d loh!" ahahha!! Truth revealed, salad not taken and we left.

* View from our table *

* Me eatin chocolaty fruitz *

* My bro at the fountain *

* Variety of cakes *

Overall, the food and services are good! *2 thumbs up! For more pictures, do check out my facebook album! That's all for now.. Will be back soon!

© Copyright reserved 2008-2009

  © Free Blogger Templates Digi-digi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP