Mission Trip

>> Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I'm back again with an update regarding my very first mission trip! We went to an orang asli village in Tanjung Malim called Kampung Chinggung! To my surprise, that place is quite well developed. Oh well, when I hear the word orang asli, shallow minded person like me will relate them to jungle, atap houses and all. That's why I didn't expect to see houses with ASTRO!!!

* the couple *
* the village we went *
* the surrounding *

It was quite a last minute for me actually as I only decided to go one week before the trip! At the meantime, I was in-charged of the activities! Was kinda nervous at first, but thanks to the people around me, I made it!



**fast forward** We went into the jungle to chop bamboo just for us to experience their culture. It's sad to hear that for each bamboo their chopped, they're only able to sell for RM0.70! Yes! It's not RM7 but RM0.70! This shows how much hard work must they put in in order to support their living!

* joanne, Steph & clarice *
* our journey to the bamboo *
* me and the bamboo *
* DanLo *
* the lil boy *

It's a very good experience for all of us because I personally think if we were not to be there, we will never know how lucky we are in our life! Kids nowadays can just chill at Starbucks with a cup of Caramel Frappucino which cost RM13.50 for the large size! How many RM0.70 must they earn in order to buy that drink? Guys, think about it..


After that, we had our lunch before having our LAGU-LAGU session! It was real JOY to see the kids singing while doing the actions! I was overwhelmed by their participation! Michael is really good with the kids! Have a lot to learn from him!

* the guitarist of the day *
* the loving pair *
* me, acting like a pro telling him the chords *
* i miss them *



The games section was superb! Although it was a lil messy in the beginning, but things went on quite smoothly! The kids enjoyed themselves! Not only them, but I think WE enjoyed as well! The flour war was CRAZY! Some of them really enjoyed the time eating flour! Hahahah!

* michael the demonstrator *
* kids enjoying the games *
* blindfolded *
* elisha + steph *
* my love *
* tired yet energetic people *
* waiting for prizes to be given out * * them giving me flowers *
* Han Rick got some flowers too *
* he got so happy over the flowers and started posing *

Lastly was the river experience! Gosh! It was so cold! But then.. too bad I didn't have any pictures of that! Anyway, this is really a great exposure!

0 cha chi chu(s):

© Copyright reserved 2008-2009

  © Free Blogger Templates Digi-digi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP