Noob Encounter at the Clinic

>> Tuesday, October 27, 2009

As some of you are aware I'm super sick right now.. Literally SUPER sick! Wonder why am I awake? When you are sick, you have to drink a lot of water. When you drink a lot of water, you have to go toilet. Hence, I'm here after a short toilet break!

My case turned worst this morning around 11am. It started of with just coughing and sore throat. Later on, Mr. Flu came by to pay me a visit as well! Gosh! It felt horrible. After 3 hours after torture, I decided to go home to rest so that I will recover faster. **fast forward : After 5 hours of sleep**

After dinner, Swan dropped me and Eugene at the clinic. The weren't many people. Only one more patient to my turn. But it took about 30 mins before I could MEET the doctor. So here you go! My conversation with THE doctor!

Doc: Hi. (Paused for a moment.) Yes?
Me: Hi doctor. I'm having flu, cough, sore throat and a lil wheezing.
Doc: Do you have asthma before? (Flipping through my card.)

Wondering why he asked when he is looking through my card! Aren't he reading through my history? Don't he understand?

Me: Oh ya.. I have asthma since young.

He took his "not-so-bright" torch.

Doc: Let me check your throat. Say "ahhhh!" You got sore throat? Hrm.. No?

I thought he said he is checking? How come asking me?

Me: Yes, I'm having sore throat.
Doc: Oh ok. (With a very blur face) Yah, sore throat. Come, let me check your lungs.

It took quite a while. But he didn't comment anything after checking.

Doc: Ok. I will give you medication on cough, phlegm and sore throat. All medicine will be in pill form.
Me: What bout my flu?
Doc: Oh ya. Flu.

Getting frustrated with his consultation.

Me: You will be giving two flu pills right?

He gave me a STONE face!

Me: Day and night pills.
Doc: (Remained stoning.) Err. Yah. Flu pills.
Me: Is that all? I can go now?
Doc: Ya.

Once I'm out, i told Swan, Eugene & Chong Ee the whole story. I was wondering is he even a qualified doctor. Gosh! Time to get my medicine. Enjoy the amusing conversation.

Nurse: (Pointing at medicine 1.) This is cough, 3 times a day.
Me: (Nodded)
Nurse: (Pointing at medicine 2.) This is cough, night only.
Me: (Nodded)
Nurse: (Pointing at medicine 3.) This is cough plus phlegm.
Me: (What!! Cough again? Still I acknowledged.)
Nurse: (Pointing at medicine 4.) This is cough, twice a day.


Without further hesitation..

Me: What? Why so many cough? What bout flu?
Nurse: (Circled at medicine 4.) Oh! This can be flu medicine as well.

Was shocked and I continue asking.

Me: Har? Then, sore throat?
Nurse: Hrm.. This one sore throat also can.

That worries me.. ALOT! How can this be? And what happened to my day and night flu pills?

Me: You don't have the pills that is used to sucked for sore throat?
Nurse: Oh.. We have! You want?

* they don't even write my full name *

Gosh! Now you know how "professional" are these people! I called my mom and told her the whole story. She is so worried. Wondering will I recover with those medication. Sigh!

2 cha chi chu(s):

wen October 28, 2009 at 11:10 PM  

Walau.. they doesnt seems professional, not even close lar.. =.=" Get well soon!! =)

munzz October 31, 2009 at 1:11 AM  

ahahhah! true! thanks anyway..

© Copyright reserved 2008-2009

  © Free Blogger Templates Digi-digi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP